Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Greek's Meadowland's Picks for Saturday 2-20-10

1st. # 8 Hit Away--- Goes to Josh Green's Barn now, 3rd week straight this horse has been claimed. Gets Brennan back in the bike, who has enjoyed great deal of success with this horse. Should blast out and either be on lead or sitting 2nd. Either way, horse has big shot.   8-6-3-1

2nd. # 9 Sky Tantrum--- I am sticking with this horse!!  I loved him last week and Goodell did not have him at the gate to blast out and he got stuck in a dull outer flow.  Still closed willingly allbeit way too late. Gets Pierce now, and he will get this horse in the right position.  9-1-8-2

3rd. # 6 Line Of Fire--- Gets Sears back, and is sharp as a tack right now. Just kept digging last time out to just miss. Horse is very versatile, and I believe Sears will take back and come 2nd over and close the fastest down the lane.  6-2-4-5

4th. # 7 Yankee Stardom--- Trying for a minor upset here. Gets another huge class drop, and main rival has post 10. Not alot of speed in here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gingras blasts out.  7-10-5-8

5th. # 10 Allamerican Navajo--- Looks like a very solid play to me even from post 10. Has been racing much faster then most of these have been going as of late. Coming off a tough trip, fanned four wide and came flying to just miss. Post enhances odds, USE!!!!!   10-3-9-6

6th. # 7 Majestic Jackpot--- A very competitive race here in the final of the Exit 16w series. My strategy in finals of stake races is to try and find a horse that can leave the gate and get a good inside journey. Then shake loose in the lane when the front runners are all used up and fly by. This horse fits that perfectly, I think Pierce will leave the gate then sit and save ground, so lets hope for room in  stretch.  7-4-6-10

7th. # 6 Cheyenne Barry--- Just squeezes in this condition. It is almost like this condition was written for him. Showed good speed on both ends of mile last week and may win this at a price.  6-1-5-7

8th.# 6 BG'S Folly--- Impressed me with the power he showed me in the elimination. Not the smoothest gaited horse on the track, but this horse really has a motor. Needs Pierce to get him into position to use his big move at the right time to win this race.  6-2-1-3

9th. Beau Rivage N.--- Another huge drop, and you all know I was all over this horse last week. He did run into a very strong field on that drop, and he showed very high speed. Tired badly but those were open level horses, and there are none of those in here!! Gets Buter and I am very high on him as a driver. Horse has a big move and with post 5, I believe he will come from off the pace tonight.   5-4-2-1

10th. # 7 Go Go Solano--- Looking for a small upset here. May sit early and let them mix it up and pick up the pieces late. Keeps Brennan and going for 80,000 in Aquarius Final, and the minister usually does his best work in the finals of stake races.  7-2-4-5

11th. # 5 Future Cruiser--- Throwing a dart here!! Very wide open race, and  horse is coming around.  Been showing a very fast last quarter in his last two races. Might get ideal 2nd over trip.  5-1-2-6

12th. # 8 Lookout Hanover--- I feel this horse is coming around, and his last race is much better then it looks on paper.  Tetrick won on Thursday night with a horse that looked identical to this and he cruised from post 10.  8-7-1-5

13th. # 2 Orr Hanover--- Moves in from 3 straight poor posts, and got 3 straight checks. This is Tetrick's choice, and it will be mine as well. Very versatile horse, just needs a smooth journey.  2-7-3-6

Greek's Best Best

3rd. # 6 Line Of fire N.

Greek's Longshot

4th # 7 Yankee Stardom

Tonights Selections

2nd # 9 Sky Tantrum
3rd. # 6 Line Of Fire N.
4th. # 7 Yankee Stardom
5th. # 10 Allamerican Navajo
9th. # 5 Beau Rivage N.
13th. # 2 Orr Hanover

Friday night I only had 2 winners on top. Last race hit @ 12-1. Thanks to that race and my top pick finishing 2nd a few times, I was able to hit a few reversed exacta's. I was able to only hit 2 out of 12 races and still manage a profit of 370.50 for the night. That is proof right there that it is important to key your top selections 1st and 2nd.

For saturday's card I will do the same exact thing. 20.00 to win on my top selection in every race. 10.00 exacta wheels, my top pick over my 2nd.,3rd, and 4th selections. 5.00 reversed exacta wheels, my 2nd,3rd, and 4th selections over my top selection. I will also put an extra 155.00 to win on # 5 Beau Rivage in the 9th race.  So my total bet will be an even 1000,00

No comments:

Post a Comment